12/2/19

Chef's Live Kitchen at InterContinental Tokyo Bay

Chef's Live Kitchen at InterContinental Tokyo Bay



As you may know, recently I went on a trip across Japan, and during a part of it I stayed at the InterContinental Tokyo Bay hotel. I enjoyed my stay there and was impressed by many things the hotel has to offer. One of these is a buffet restaurant called Chef's Live Kitchen. After spending the whole day exploring the city around this amazing hotel, I returned back extremely tired and of course hungry. I was looking for a nice place to have dinner and the staff there suggested to me that I should check out this cool buffet restaurant.



Chef's Live Kitchen is located on the 3rd floor of the hotel, and as I already said, it is a buffet restaurant where you pay to enter and then you can eat as much as you can in a proscribed time period, 120-minute time limit for the dinner, 105-minute time limit for the dessert & light meal buffet and 90 minutes for lunch. The staff there was very friendly to me and quickly explained the dining procedure to me. There is a huge variety of meals at your disposal both from western and Japanese cuisine



They offer a seasonal menu with around 50 items for the lunch and dinner buffet, and around 60 items for the dessert & light meal buffet. The choices range from potatoes, vegetables to different kinds of sushi, tempura, and many other dishes. Also, there is a huge variety of desserts which I really enjoyed such as cakes, cookies, pudding and especially shaved ice which you must definitely try if you haven't done so already. 



You walk around the restaurant and select the meals that you enjoy the most. Also, you can try many different kinds of beverages both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, some of which you need to pay additionally. You can also prepare your own soft drinks by mixing for example, melon syrup and soda. I personally enjoyed the unlimited amount of sushi, since as we all know, sushi in Japan is so much better than sushi anywhere else. Also, having the option to eat as much as you want is an amazing thing and you can really fill up after an exhausting day. 




Also definitely try some of their amazing desserts such as already mentioned shaved ice, and my personal favorite, tiny strawberry pudding. If you come a bit early or you're lucky you can grab some amazing places right next to the windows, so when you're eating you can enjoy the amazing view of the Tokyo Bay and the Rainbow Bridge which lights up in many colors during the night. Keep in mind that Chef's Live Kitchen is not exclusive to guest of the hotel only, anyone can come and enjoy this fine restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment