11/16/19

Hotel New Otani Tokyo - "Shin-Edo" Room

Hotel New Otani Tokyo - "Shin-Edo" Room




As you probably already know, I spent the better part of September on a trip across Japan, with the goal of seeing as much as possible that this great country has to offer and to present all of that to you. During this trip, I had the luck of staying at one of Tokyo's most prestigious hotels, Hotel New Otani Tokyo. This great hotel is located in the heart of Tokyo and it is probably the biggest and most luxurious hotel in which I stayed at. Hotel New Otani Tokyo has the capability to provide world-class service to over 2000 guests, and it is equipped with a wide variety of additional facilities such as meeting areas, shops, restaurants, and the absolutely breathtaking traditional Japanese garden.



I had the pleasure of staying in one of the most recently decorated rooms called the "Shin-Edo" room. According to the hotel's website, this room has the goal of showcasing their innovative approach to Japanese hospitality, and I have to say that they succeeded with flying colors. I knew that I was going to a high-class luxury hotel and that the room and the service there would be extraordinary, but this exceeded even my expectations. I remember first walking into the room and being blown away by the immense size of the room and the beautiful garden that could be seen right through the window. I was also pleasantly surprised by the gifts that were waiting for me in the room; a small souvenir and some complimentary drinks and snacks as well.


The things that caught my eye first were the double-sized beds and a large flat-screen TV. Also, there were huge windows whose blinds I could control with a press of a button which I found quite amusing. Some other things that were included in the room were a work desk, a few chairs, a small table and the rest of the furniture that you would expect in a hotel like this one. 



One of the main features of this room was the traditional Japanese Cypress wood bath. Bathing here almost made me feel like I was in a traditional onsen somewhere in rural Japan. I Immensely enjoyed preparing the traditional bath, especially after a long day of sightseeing, so I definitely recommend this room to all fans of onsens. As you might expect, the room was filled with a wide variety of amenities such as free Internet access & Wi-Fi, in-room safe, refrigerator, Japanese tea set, hairdryer, towels, pajamas, bathrobe and a large number of consumable toiletries. 



All in all, it was truly a great experience to stay here. I loved everything that this room and Hotel New Otani Tokyo had to offer, and I'm sure I will be coming again to this hotel when I visit Tokyo again. I wholeheartedly recommend that you check out the website at this hotel, and consider it as an option if you plan on coming here soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment